Stereo and Speaker is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission from Amazon at no added cost to you.
Driving or sitting in a car can be a very dull task, especially when it comes to long trips, but we can elevate our mood and the mood in the car with the help of a sound music system. You can install the best stereos and amplifiers in your vehicle, but there will be no sound output without a speaker.
A good pair of speakers can take the music level in your car or house to the next level. Speakers can be pricey at times, but it is one component of the vehicle in which some investment is necessary. It just doesn’t elevate the car’s mood, but it also increases the vehicle’s comfort.
There are many different speakers available in the market for speakers, and sometimes too many choices can also be a problem. Today, we shall discuss some of the best 6×9 speakers for sound and bass quality.
List Of Best 6×9 Car Speakers for Bass In 2021
1. Kicker 43DSC69304 D-Series
The Kicker 43DS might not be from the most renowned brands, but it has made quite a name for itself with its crisp sound quality. Specifically, the kickers are also known to produce good quality bass for this category.
There are not many 6×9 speaker systems that will produce the kind of bass that bass heads crave. However, you will still be pleasantly surprised by the bass that the Kicker provides you with. Bass heads might want to look at this pair of speakers.
Moreover, the Kicker is also able to provide high-quality bass without an amplifier for that 6×9 speakers. Again, you can hook this speaker system up to even a moderately powerful amplifier and get another solid boost to your bass and your sound quality.
The speakers have excellent and crisp sound quality with outstanding bass quality. There are also no distortions even in high volume. There are no mount holes to align and an amplifier to take the sound quality to the next level.
- 6x9-INCH COAXIAL SPEAKERS: The pair of 6 x9 inch 360 Watt 4 Ohm 3 Way Car Audio Thin Profile Coaxial Speakers are a powerful pair of motor vehicle stereo speakers
2. Infinity REF9630CX
Infinity REF is one of the best 6×9 speakers when it comes to quality. It is quickly taking on the automotive sound market by storm. Infinity produces one of the best 6×9 speakers on the market today. When you talk about sound quality, infinity is the one speaker to look at, which is Infinity.
Infinity speakers do not come at a low price as it is a pretty expensive set of speakers. Still, with 125 RMS watts per speaker, the price is very justified. Unfortunately, the power level will more or less want you to add an amplifier to make the best out of the speakers.
It is a bit odd because these speakers are unique along the soundstage spectrum, but as soon as you start going a bit extreme, it starts to fall off a bit.
A frequency range of 46Hz-21kHz is pretty essential if you look at the price tag. Although most musicians will not see a difference, this is still an excellent speaker system for most people’s needs.
It also has a good build and produces excellent quality sound, and an amplifier is a must. It is also pretty expensive.
- Infinity Premium Sound Quality
- Edge-driven, textile tweeters
- Adjustable tweeter output level
- Plus One woofer cone architecture
- Optimized Frame Size
3. Hertz CPX 690 PRO
Herta is known as one of the best in quality and audio output 6×9 speakers in the market. If you have high expectations with this product, your expectations will be fulfilled and most likely exceed them. At around 120 RMS watts, this speaker system is very powerful and one of the best 6×9 speakers on the list.
Suppose you provide the speaker with amplifiers that can make good use of all the power that it has been bestowed with. There are no distortions or any muddling, even at a very high volume.
The soundscape of the speaker is perfect and stays solid, but it lacks high-quality bass. However, it is not a weakness as it generally performs much better than the other speaker systems. Once you combine it with a tweeter and a sub tweeter, this speaker will have everything one can desire from a 6×9 speaker.
The sound is very clear, and with the 120watts RMS, it has an outstanding amount of power, but it is a costly speaker and will also require an amplifier for better sound quality.
- Features: Pressed paper cone with FEM-optimized geometry combining rigidity and lightness for color-free sound. Wide rubber suspension designed for a long excursion and excellent sound damping. High density ferrite magnet in combination with low carbon polar plates for a reduced distortion at high power levels. Metal finished basket combined with an anti-vibration rubber magnet cover for an overall damping of spurious vibrations. Soft Tetolon fiber dome Neodimium tweeter featuring a 28 mm mobile
- Specifications: Power Handling: 360W Max / 120W RMS. Impedance: 4-Ohm, Frequency response: 35 ÷ 24kHz, Sensitivity: 94 dB SPL, Ferrite Woofer Magnet, Neodymium Tweeter Magnet, Water repellent pressed paper woofer cone, and Tetolon tweeter dome.
4. Rockford R169X2
Rockford Fosgate is a respected brand in automotive speaker systems. They might not be known for high-end products, but they manufacture some excellent products at lower prices. The Rockford provides a decent 6×9 speaker system that was designed for sensitivity. Although, Rockford has a shallow sensitivity range of only 90 DB.
You can say that Rockford is slightly underpowered with only 60 RMS watts. Although, for its sensitivity levels and somewhat low RMS wattage, the Rockford can still generate an impressive bass quality. Even though it provides a better-than-expected bass, its broad frequency range is slightly lower than one could expect from a 6×9 speaker, but it is not very low to be noticed by everybody.
The speaker’s price is very low and suitable for the factory speakers with good bass.
Although, there might be some distortion at higher volumes.
- The Prime R169X2 is a 6” x 9” 2-way full-range speaker rated at 65 watts RMS / 130 watts Peak, for a new generation of factory replacement speakers
- The R169X2 6”x9” 4-Ohm black speakers come as a pair, including integrated high-pass crossovers and mounting hardware
- Perfect for replacing factory speakers, the 6”x9” feature polypropylene cones, improving the speakers overall sound quality while reducing potential distortion
- The silk dome flush mounted tweeter provides accurate frequency reproduction for crystal clear highs that can withstand high volume output
- Famous Rockford Fosgate build quality with a full 1-year warranty when purchased from an authorized Rockford Fosgate reseller
5. Alpine SPE-6090
Alpine is one of the brands that has been around producing high-quality automotive speaker systems for decades. The Alpine SPE is an excellent quality speaker, and it is also not expensive. It is a very budget-friendly speaker.
You might be surprised to see Alpine with a low-price product. You may make a double-take to be sure that this truly is an Alpine product. Moreover, a tweeter that utilizes a dome architecture and a silk material construction will ensure that you receive excellent quality highs.
At this price point, you will not get the absolute best soundscape. The Alpine’s bass is a bit disappointing, especially for the brand, while the frequency range is a bit low compared to some of its competitors at a narrow 65Hz-18000kHz.
If you consider the features, you can still say that it is suitable for its price and the tweeter’s design makes it very sleek.
A very poor bass with unbalanced bass isn’t very encouraging.
- 6x9" Car audio 2-way speakers with Grilles (Pair)
- Peak: 600 watts per pair / 300 watts each | RMS: 150 watts per pair / 75 watts each
- Frequency response: 65Hz - 18,000Hz
- Sensitivity: 91dB
- Cutout Dimensions: 5-15/16" x 8-3/4"
6. Polk Audio DB692
Polk has been in the automotive speaker system market for some time now, and we can say that it is one of the top competitors. The Polk is a solid, if unspectacular, 3-Way system. However, its extremely reasonable price and water- and dirt-resistant make it our best 6×9 speakers, boats, and cars. The versatility of its products is unmatched.
Like many component speaker systems, the Polk does put forth some solid power with a near-best 150 RMS watts. The high sensitivity of 93 dB lets you use them with a factory radio without an amplifier’s help.
Although, the bass does not truly warrant an amplifier as it is middling at best. However, you might want to go for the amplifier anyway, as the soundscape at this price point is almost incredible.
The frequency response is very good with high power handling RMS with an all-weather protection system.
The highs are not the best, and there is no rubber gasket at the speaker’s back.
- High performance audio upgrade that delivers signature quality sound that goes beyond OEM factory systems
- Marine certified with IP55 rating (water- and dirt-resistant) and tested for salt-fog, UV and humidity
- Polypropylene and UV tolerant cone with waterproof inner and outer surrounds
- Simple drop-in installation for any vehicle including cars, boats, ATVs—you name it
- Cut out Diameter 5.97" H x 8.8" W Bottom Mount - 3.83" Top Mount - 3.25"
7. JBL CLUB 9630
The JBL club does have decent bass and sound quality, but it can get better with an amplifier’s help if you utilize an amplifier with this speaker system. In that case, you will be further surprised as the tweeter, and super tweeter provides an excellent quality soundscape, which will improve the audio output in your vehicle.
Still, with only a 3-ohm impedance and slightly above average RMS wattage of 80, you will be able to crank this speaker system up to 11 and always get excellent quality sound. As most people use this to play it at a higher volume, they tend to damage faster than others as it does not have the built quality.
- 3 ohm impedance
- RMS: 160 watts per set / 80 watts each side
- Peak: 480 watts per set / 240 watts each side
- Output wattage: 240.0
8. Pioneer TS-A6990F
Pioneer has been leading the way for decades when manufacturing automobile sound equipment and refining the soundscape of audio equipment. With this best 6×9 speakers system, they look to continue that trend as the only 5-way speaker system on the list. Pioneer easily outperforms any other product in its price range when it comes to mids and highs and even gives the premium-priced systems at this price range.
However, to produce such high-quality highs, Pioneer had to ensure that the speakers would not become unduly taxed. As such, they have restricted the power to 60 watts. Moreover, they do not require a higher power input to get the same sound with a sensitivity of 90 dB. Pioneer is intended to be used for mid-volume listening only. If you are looking for speakers of this range, then you will not be disappointed.
It has an evident and clean sound quality, and it is a relatively decent 6×9 speaker, but it lacks bass.
- 700 watts Max power (120 watts nominal)
- Triple polyethylene terephthalate (pet) hard dome tweeter
- 2-1/4" Polyetherimide (PEI) film cone midrange
- 6 x 9" Carbon and mica reinforced injection molded polypropylene (IMPP) cone construction
9. Kenwood KFC- 6966S
Kenwood is focused on appealing to the most significant demographic to cash in on its stellar reputation and brand name recognition. However, they were able to do so while still putting out a decent speaker system, which is why they are one of the best budget speakers available.
The prices of these speakers are very low because they are the least powerful on our list. With a paltry 45 RMS watts, you should not expect them to get nearly as loud as you see from other speakers.
Moreover, low power consumption also restricts Kenwood’s bass response, which is relatively non-existent according to the audiophile definition.
However, this is still the least expensive speaker system on our list. With an adequate amount of sensitivity, you do not even require an amplifier. It makes it budget-friendly.
It needs a lot more bass, but it is a very economical speaker.
- 400 watt peak power handling 6x9 For strong bass performance
- Polypropelene cone for long last performance
10. Focal 690AC
If all you care about is the clarity of the soundscape and are willing to pay a relatively high price to get it, then the Focal is one of the best 6×9 speakers for you. It comes with a coaxial design, an aluminum dome tweeter, and a woven glass-fiber woofer that combines almost any sound with the highest level of clarity.
Unfortunately, that is made much easier due to the Focal’s somewhat low RMS watts at only 75. Moreover, while the bass is clear, it is not all that powerful–likely another side effect of the low RMS wattage. However, if nothing else, this means that you will see almost everything this speaker system has to give without the need for an amplifier.
The Focal also offers an adjustable tweeter for further customization with the soundscape.
It uses high-quality material for the construction process, and the adjustable tweeters are a very reliable tool.
It is costly as compared to other speakers.
- Aluminum inverted dome tweeter
- 20% Fiberglass filled ABS chassis.
- Max Power 150W
- Nominal Power 75W
- Sensitivity 91 dB
We hope that you found this article helpful, and are now ready to invest in the best 6×9 car speaker for your requirement. Please make sure to check our article on the best under seat subwoofers.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.