Stereo and Speaker is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission from Amazon at no added cost to you.
When we buy speakers for our automobile’s audio system there are many things we look at, many features we prioritize but there is one feature that we all look at and that is the bass of the speakers. Even though a woofer is required for good quality bass, speakers can still do the job especially when we have a limited budget.
These best 6.5 speakers for bass might just be an upgrade to the factory speakers but they still do a pretty good bass and they are also very easy to install. Today we shall talk about some of the best 6.5 speakers for bass available in the market.
Best 6.5 Car Speakers For Bass
Polk Audio has been in automobile audio component manufacturing for a long time now. The DB651 is a very good product as it features 6-1/2″ woofers made from high-quality, durable rubber surrounds that won’t fall apart under stress, heat, moisture, or time.
The liquid-cooled 3/4″ silk/polymer dome tweeters use Neodymium magnets to deliver sharp and accurate high-frequency notes, immersing you in a pleasurable atmosphere of bright musical details.
The tweeters can be pivoted, so the sound would broadcast towards your ears for improved stereo imaging and the built-in two-way crossover keeps the audio frequencies flowing to the proper driver – high frequencies to the tweeters and low frequencies to the woofers, for seamless, efficient sound output.
The DB651 speakers are configured for 92 dB sensitivity and are able to handle 120 watts of power on a continuous basis.
The DB651 speakers have a very high-quality build as it features stainless steel mounting hardware and muscular ABS grilles that will not only last long but also look good and sound equally good.
It is very reasonably priced and also comes with a 1-year warranty.
- IP65 RATED: The DB+ Series is IP65 rated so it’s dirt- & water- resistant. It also has been tested for salt-fog, UV and humidity. Perfect for any vehicle; Cars, Trucks, Boats, Side-By-Sides and more!
- Upgrade from your OEM speaker system toward a bigger, fuller, high-performance sound. The high-grade materials used in our DB+ Series ensure you get an audio system that’s designed and engineered for clear, full range sound that will last much longer than your factory setup.
- Universal Fit The new DB+ series has been updated so you can enjoy a simple drop in installation in any vehicle including cars, boats, ATV’s -- you name it. Its new shallow tweeter design ensures your factory speaker grille re-installs with ease for a flush, seamless look.
- Everything you love about Polk’s Dynamic Balance technology —that rich, clean, fullrange sound—is built into the marine-tough, yet ruggedly sophisticated, DB+ series. And with its universal fit, it can be installed in any vehicle: Automobiles, motorcycles, boats, ATVs—you name it.
- Waterproof Inner and Outer Surrounds - Completely blocks dirt, liquid and grime from entering the speaker housing, which helps minimize corrosion and maximize longevity of the entire speaker and its housing basket.
Pioneer has made some of the best 6.5 speakers for bass, in addition to the best car stereos. The TS-16 is the best seller car speaker available in the market just like most of the pioneer’s automobile audio components.
The speakers are very designed very well and you will be able to enjoy clear vocals, chunky guitar riffs, powerful drums, and decent distinct bass lines that have always been part of your music. It will take your music system to another level.
Some speakers do not have the flexibility with all genres of music and they tend to face many problems with the audio output. Pioneer anticipated these issues and built their A series TS-A1675R speakers with sensitive, yet rigid materials so that they feature the widest frequency range among all 6.5 car speakers for bass.
The TS-A1675R also features a sensitivity rating of 90dB which is quite high. Combine that with 100 watts of continuous power handling and you get speakers that are able to deliver a perfectly balanced sound all throughout the audible frequency range and eventually to rattle some eardrums. These speakers can also sound much better with an amplifier.
They are also very lightweight and offer you smooth and seamless sound. It is also very easy to install with good value for money.
- 320 Watts Max Power
- Multilayer Mica Matrix Cone Design for Optimum Sound Reproduction and Responsiveness
- Lightweight Elastic Polymer Surround
The Infinity Kappa 60.11cs is a very sensitive speaker and it has been priced nicely with all the features that it offers. The highly sensitive speakers tend to feel like higher-quality speakers, which you can see reflected in the reviews.
The sensitivity of these speakers makes them best suited for systems powered by a factory head unit. Sensitivity is a vital rating that measures how the speaker responds to wattage.
The amount of power required to deliver the same volume decreases by half with every increase of 3dB. This means that the 93dB Infinity Reference speaker only needs 50 watts to produce the same volume of 90 dB speaker using 100 watts. These speakers feature high roll rubber surround with a Plus One+ woofer design that extends cone surface area so you enjoy richer and deeper lows. This also helps to retain the integrity of the sound.
The edge-driven, larger textile dome tweeters on the other hand are equipped with an attenuation switch so that you can fine-tune the degree of brightness to match your musical taste.
The built quality of the speaker is also very good and it comes at a very reasonable price. Although, these speakers lack much of low-end frequency and might not be the best option if you are looking for a big bass speaker.
- Infinity’s glass fiber woofer cones are lighter and stiffer with more cone-area than the competition , delivering increased low-frequency output and higher efficiency.
- Edge-driven textile dome tweeters - These are not commonly used W-domes, but edge-driven textile dome speakers that will deliver broader and smoother high frequency response.
- High output 2.5 ohm ohm architecture with low impedance voice coils enables the speaker to extract every watt from the amplifier and deliver peak power with ease.
- Infinity speakers have to undergo a testing process that would destroy lesser speakers. Infinity freezes them, bakes them, shakes them, blasts them with ultraviolet light and drives them at full power for days at a time.
- Infinity is in the business of designing reference quality speakers, and Kappa car audio speakers are no exception.
The Pyle PL63BL might not be the best speaker on the list but it definitely deserves to be on this list thanks to its price. These speakers have a wonderfully low price and a fascinatingly flashy design but might not sound quite as well as other advanced models.
Still, they can absolutely get the job done for under $30. They’re one of the best 6.5 speakers for bass – especially for that price point! They’re good entry-level speakers.
It has a three-way design with a frequency response of 90Hz to 20,000 Hz. Pyle PL63BL handles power pretty nicely with its peak power being 360 watts per pair and RMS of 180 watts per pair.
It also comes with a 1-year warranty. These speakers also have a very good high and mid-range response. Although, the bass response is not particularly the best.
- 180W RMS AND 360W PEAK: This 6” x 5” car speaker can provide up to 180 watts RMS or 360 watts peak power because it is a 20 oz magnet structure. A pair of 6” x 5” 180-watt speakers - carrying both the high and low end for a fuller range sound
- TRIAXIAL SPEAKER SYSTEMS: The 6.5-inch woofer features an eye-catching blue poly injection cone for plenty of stiffness without added weight. The 1-inch ASV voice coil is ready for high-temperature, high-wattage situations
- LOW IMPEDANCE: Pyle 4 ohm component audio speaker compensates the undersized wire found in many of today’s cars. It also makes the most of every 360 watts your car stereo can deliver. Includes grills, wires and mounting hardware
- MIDRANGE TWEETER: Pyle pro-three-way sound speaker system has a one-inch neodymium film dome midrange and 3/4-inch piezo tweeter that completes the package. It helps to provide smooth, loud and detailed sound in each pair
- VOICE COIL: Our voice coils are able to withstand high temperatures yet maintain its strength and fatigue properties giving them the advantage of longer play times with lower weights, ensuring low distortion and providing an open sound stage
The Fosgate R165X3 speakers have high-quality bass with incredible clarity and sound like a dedicated tweeter
The speakers have very good built quality as they are made to withstand a wide range of environments that car speakers go through. All the parts of the speaker are sturdily made and the speaker cables are long enough.
The Rockford Fosgate R165X3 Prime 6.5″ Full-Range 3-Way Coaxial Speaker (Pair) is a pleasure to listen to. They can withstand high volumes without any distortion. These speakers also produce very good sound at low volumes. They produce a good base that isn’t domineering and they control the mid and high tones very well.
All the speaker’s parts are sturdily made with a considerably long speaker cable. The speakers can be mounted at a depth of 12.5’’ and their mounting hardware and grilles are all included in the packaging.
The design of the speaker tends to interfere with the driver to produce the best sound possible. The bass can also be improved further.
It has a very crisp and clear bass with a smooth overall sound and it is also very easy to install.
- The Prime R165X3 is a pair of 6.50" 3-Way Full Range Speakers that are ideal for that factory speaker upgrade you’ve been looking for
- The 6.5” speakers have a mounting depth of 2.15" and come with grilles and mounting hardware
- Perfect for replacing factory speakers, they feature polypropylene cones, a silk dome Piezo tweeter and midrange
The Kicker DSC650 DS Series 6.5″ 4-Ohm Coaxial Speakers is a very popular pair and its clear sound that can be heard even on the roughest of the roads is one of the main reasons. The speakers are made out of polypropylene cones surrounded by a sturdy polyester foam. The polyester foam allows delivering sound without any distortion in high volume.
The speakers produce a great sound with a decent amount of bass. While the bass isn’t what you could expect from a 6.5 car Speaker for bass, this is fine as this isn’t what they have been made for. You will also be able to see after a month or so that the bass of the speakers becomes better.
Their peak power is 100watts and RMs of 50 watts. The frequency response is 40-20000Hz. They sound great but with an amplifier, they will sound much better.
It also comes with a 1-year warranty. The built quality is excellent and the sound is also very crisp. The low-end bass might just be a problem for a few people.
- Polyethylene-Naphthalate domed tweeters
Alpine has made a big name for itself in the automobile audio components industry and many big companies like Mercedes and BMW have their speakers installed in their cars. The Alpine SPR-60 is known for its clear sound quality and how it doesn’t even distort in high volumes.
The set consists of two tweeter sets, two subs, and two external crossovers. The 6.5 speakers are made of hybrid fiber with multi-layers and a one-inch swiveling silk dome. The hybrid fiber woofer cone helps the speaker produce a decent amount of bass.
The speaker that is available in a two-way design is surrounded by a multi-roll rubber. In the set is also a 2 sets of adapter rings that measure 6.5 inches and 2 grille bars.
The speakers have well built as they are sturdily made with all wiring well soldered, sheathed, and taped down. While they have a size of 6.5, they will also perfectly fit an opening of 6.75.
The speakers are able to handle 100 watts RMS, which is a sensible amount of power. These speakers are good but you can take it to the next level by adding an amplifier which will really improve the sound quality. To improve the bass of the speaker you can also add a subwoofer.
It is a very affordable pair of speakers with reasonably good sound quality and it can also handle high volume with no distortion.
The bass is not very strong and the sound range is not the best.
The BOSS Audio Systems CH6530 Car Speakers is a very compact pair of bass speakers and is also very budget-friendly. It also is very easy to mount and comes with a very beautiful design
The 6.5 car speakers for bass come with original piezoelectric tweeters with high quality and heat resistant voice coils. The speaker’s cones are made of metal and composite strengthened with polyurethane. Polyurethane is not only durable but also improves the sound of the speaker.
The speakers are surrounded by rubber which helps to dampen the distortion while they are playing on low frequency. A stamped basket casing is used to house the speakers enabling them to handle a maximum output of up to 400 watts for each pair and at 4 ohms impedance.
It has got very good sound along with a good design but the hands-free microphone is poor.
- Dimensions: 6.6 x 6.6 x 2.4 inches
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Mounting Depth: 2.1 inches, Mounting Hole: 5.5 inches
- Item Weight: 1.3 Lbs. (pair)
- Frequency Response: 100Hz to 18khz
The Kenwood KFC is a speaker that produces very good sound and at a good price. These 6.5 car speakers for bass will not rattle you with a deep base but will produce a crisp clear range. The audio output is also very good at this price range.
The built quality of these speakers is very tough as it was built especially for it to be able to handle the wear and tear that the audio components go through. They come with multiple-speed clips and durable metal grilles. The speakers have a total power output of 300 watts and a 30-watt RMS rating. They have a sensitivity of 92dbs.
Kenwood KFC-1665S speakers come with a polypropylene dome woofer with a cloth surround that helps to produce the necessary midrange and mid 322500bass details. They also feature a balanced-dome speaker that will produce those high notes. If you want to do your installation, you can use the grilles included.
Even though this is a very good pair of speakers there are better speakers available in the market.
- Kenwood 6.5" Speakers provide max power of 300 with speaker and an RMS power of 30 with speaker
- Impedance: 4 ohms; sensitivity: 92 dB/ w/ m; frequency response: 35 Hz - 22K HZ
- Kenwood 6x9" Speakers provide max power of 400W/ speaker and an RMS power of 45W/ speaker
- Impedance 4 ohms; sensitivity: 92 dB/ w/ m; frequency response: 30 Hz - 22K HZ
- 6.5" Speakers have a cutout diameter of 4-7/8" And mounting depth of 1-11/16" And cutout diameter (6x9 inch speaker): 6-1/16, 8-3/4 inch and mounting depth: 3 inch
The JVC CS-J620 300W 6.5″ Car Speakers will provide you with incredible sound. The car speakers come with a built-in tweeter. The sound clarity is fairly good and will be a good upgrade from the worn-out speakers in most cars.
These speakers offer you crisp highs with accurate and tight mid-range without leaving your windows vibrating.
The speakers are made of a Poly- Etherymide material that offers them a frequency peak of 22,000 Hz. This enables them to reach a high that the common speakers can’t reach. The Mica cone is surrounded by a hybrid rubber combined with a cloth enabling the speaker to go down to 35 Hz.
When these materials are combined with a tweeter, you get a good full-range sound that is an instant upgrade from the OEM drivers. The speaker’s power handling of 30watts allows you to connect it to an amplifier which can boost its audio capacity.
It is a durable and compact speaker with good sound and it is easy to install.
- Pair JVC CS-J620 wireless 6.5" 2-way coaxial car audio speakers
- Power handling per speaker: 300 watts peak / 30 watts RMS
- Power handling per pair: 600 watts peak/ 60 watts RMS
- Woofer cone composition: mica
- Poly-ether imide balanced tweeter
Bass is a very part of the music and it makes the music feel better in the same way bass speakers are important for your music system. We have listed the best 6.5 speakers for bass. Select the one that fits your budget and your music needs and go for it.
If you found this post informative make sure to check out 10 Best Center channel speakers.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.