Stereo and Speaker is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission from Amazon at no added cost to you.
During travel, a din touchscreen will guide you throughout the journey with its unique features.
This article will save you time, and we have scanned the best single din head unit for you! Just go through some of the best products and see which one you liked the most.
A car owner should know that a 1-DIN stereo’s front face should measure 7 x 2 inches (or 180 x 50 mm). It will be half than double din in height, but the width for both is the same.
We tried our best to keep as few products as possible so that you can quickly see the reviews of the few mentioned and buy them right away!
Things to consider while buying
You need to be knowledgeable of these few things beforehand. Let’s quickly look at it:
Before you purchase, make sure it supports all the playback formats. There are different types of formats into which audio files get encoded. The kind of format decides the quality of the audio file. You need to ensure that your car stereo accommodates all the different types of audio sources, like:
- XM radio,
- HD radio
It is essential to check the consistency of the playback methods, or else you will find yourself with a din head unit that does not play music in the available format.
Design and controls
The single din has a simplistic and straightforward look. Still, they have a lot of unique features and much more capability. Also, get the one that matches your car’s interior. There are many excellent single din head units with affordable prices despite having great designs.
The controls can be used inside the car to make driving a seamless experience; you should be able to play music or make calls and at the same time pay attention to driving.
Be sure to check the controls and design before getting one for yourself.
Every buyer tends to reach out for products that can be integrated with their smartphones and can function hand in hand. Therefore it is essential to check if this feature is provided or not.
This will ease driving and allow you to easily manage your smartphone via the head unit for a seamless and safer driving experience.
Local Satellite and Radio
Not always music, but some like to listen to the radio while driving. Suppose you have to travel the whole day? It is necessary to stay updated with the current affairs going in and around. And radio comes into play. The radio will always help you stay updated with quick news bites.
This is important. When you are on an unknown road, you need GPS navigation for the location of your destination. Stopping at each local store and asking for direction long gone. Keep a GPS navigation so that you will never get lost!
You don’t need to spend extra because with your smartphone integration trend catching on, you can use the GPS navigation on your car stereo.
The most important and the most ignored. Keeping your budget in mind, know how much you are willing to spend and what you want.
Keeping this in mind, we want you to see the best for you in feature and your budget; that’s why we have collected this list of the best single din head unit.
So let’s quickly look at the list:
Top 7 Best Single Din head unit
This new Pioneer DEH-S1100UB single-DIN CD player stereo receiver comes packed with all of the functions you need for enhancing your car’s entertainment system to the next level.
This car receiver features CD playback capabilities and has AUX and USB inputs, making it compatible with your handheld devices, and an RDS tuner, bass boost capabilities for better sound, and an intuitive rotary volume control design. This product is what you need to complete your car.
Why is it better?
- It uses an advanced sound retriever.
- It features an MP3 and WMA playback.
- Detachable faceplate
- It fits into various types of dashboards.
- Simple interface
- Wireless remote control
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com
- In-Dash AM/FM, CD, MP3 Receiver with Remot
- Single-line, multi-segmented LCD display with LED back light is 35% larger
- Power Output: Peak: 50 watts x 4 channels RMS: 14 watts x 4 channels
- Theft-deterrent, detachable face plate with anti-dust design
This new Pioneer DEH-S1100UB single-DIN CD player stereo receiver comes packed with all of the functions you need to upgrade your car’s entertainment system to the next level.
It has inbuilt Bluetooth device facilities where you can answer your call keeping your focus on the road.
Why is it better?
- In-built Bluetooth device
- also includes a WMA and MP3 that enables you to play your music in a format of your choice
- fast forward, and playback features are included in the stereo
- USB ports to support your phone charging
- Hands-free call
- Pandora control functionality
- Incudes time
- Excellent sound audio
- Alpine CDE-HD149BT Car CD/HD Radio Receiver with Advanced Bluetooth CDEHD149BT
It is a little cheaper but doesn’t lag in any of its specifications. This is for the ones who have a tight budget. It has wide display features, and the functionality is remarkable. Just note that it doesn’t have anti-glare in case of excessive sunlight.
The hands-free calling makes it more convenient for you to drive safely and properly! The other fantastic feature is that you can play the songs stored on your SD card. For safety reasons, you can also detach the front panel and store it safely.
- Bluetooth Hands-free Calling and Audio Streaming
- 85 Watts x 4 Max Power
- Bass/Treble/Fader/ Controls and Preset Built-in EQ
- RDS, Switchable US, and European Tuner
- Plays DVD/CD/MP3/WMA/USB/SD and Smartphones
- Inputs: USB, SD, Aux, AV, Rear Camera, Steering Wheel Control
- Outputs: Video, Front, Rear & Sub Pre-Amp
Wireless Remote, Multi-Color Illumination, Detachable Front Panel to Deter Theft
Why is it better?
- Detachable front panel with seven touchscreens
- Affordable price
- Aux and Av input
- SD card slot
- Wide display, which features an innovative graphic design
- Bluetooth - Answer/make calls and be hands-free with no distractions. The built-in microphone picks up your voice and your car speakers let you hear the person on the other side. Play and control your music and apps like Spotify/Pandora wirelessly
- Media Playback - Watch videos through the DVD player, listen to music with your Bluetooth device, pop in a CD or use the USB/SD ports for more audio alternatives. Tune into the AM/FM radio stations for up to date music/news/sports and more
- Auxiliary - Compatible with the audio output from smartphones as well as MP3 players. Just plug in and start playing
- Inputs - USB/SD Ports, auxiliary, rearview camera (camera sold separately). The steering wheel interface allows you to use the existing functions on your steering wheel (interface module sold separately. We recommend the Metra ASWC-1)
- Outputs - Use the video, front, rear & subwoofer pre-amp outputs to hook up your speakers (front left / front right and rear left / rear right) and subwoofer. The video output allows you to connect an extra screen for more viewing capability
This best single din head unit is low priced and makes it perfect if you are tight on your budget. It is equipped with hands-free Bluetooth technology so that you can receive your calls even while driving and you can listen to your favorite music without losing focus on the road.
You can also play a CD, SD, or USB directly from the storage. The motorized screen telescopes boast an exact resolution of 1440x 230 pixels to enable you to maneuver without any struggle. The telescopes also fold away quickly when the car is turned off.
- MP3 Digital Audio File Playback
- Front Panel Aux (3.5mm) Jack
- Motorized Fold-Out Video Screen Display Panel
- Backup Camera Support: Rear Camera/Parking Video Input
- Multi-Color Receiver Illumination Display
- Anti-Shock Mechanism-ESP Function
- AM/FM-MPX 2 Band Radio – Auto Store, Preset, Scan
- Play MP3’s through an SD card or USB drive.
Why is it better?
- Very high screen resolution
- Easy to operate
- Excellent Bluetooth call quality if the connectivity is good
- Compatible with smartphones and other portable devices
- Supports multiple audio formats
- 7” TOUCHSCREEN MONITOR: This car entertainment system features a touchscreen, multi color LCD display to make watching videos & listening to music more fun and convenient. It also comes with a rear camera for your protection
- HANDS FREE OPERATION: This stereo features Bluetooth connectivity for wireless audio streaming. It also has hands free call answering ability along with a built in microphone to allow you to answer calls without taking your hands from the wheel
- SMART DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: The in dash car deck console unit allows you to connect various devices such as iPhone, Android mobile, tablet, MP3, MP4, or MP5. The remote control is also included
- 320 WATT STEREO: This single din head unit receiver allows you to have full control over your car's music or visual entertainment. Equipped with AM FM radio & a CD DVD player input
- MULTIPLE CONNECTION TYPES: The in dash car deck console unit features various connection interfaces to allow you to link multimedia devices with ease. Features 3.55 millimeter front panel Aux input & rear panel RCA output connectors
Kenwood KDC-168U has sturdy built for longevity, and its front panel is made of high-quality plastic with a fancy design.
The detachable faceplate makes it safe from thieves, as you can detach the faceplate and keep it in a safer place when you aren’t around.
Why is it better?
- Plays all significant types of CDs
- Memory card reader
- USB port
- Front-facing AUX input
- Supports MP3, WMA, FLAC, and WAV audio formats
- 50W x 4 Channel Max
- 22W x 4 Channel RMS
- 1 set of 2.5V preamp outputs
- 3-Band graphic equalizer with selectable tone curves
- 3.5mm Front Audio auxiliary input
This head unit features Bluetooth functionality that can pair two devices at once. The faceplate is easily detachable to protect from theft and to ensure security.
The LED color illumination makes it more decorative and lets you get in the feel, listening to music. One of the unique features is that it supports the JVC remote control application; just install the app, and you can easily control the unit from the app.
Why is it better?
- Remote control app
- 2-line display
- USB port and USB charging
- Bluetooth connectivity
- JVC KD-X260BT in-dash car digital media Bluetooth receiver for iPhone/Android/USB
- JVC KD-X260BT in-dash receiver. Power output: . peak: 50 watts x 4 channels. Rms: 22 watts x 4 channels. Va LCD display. Spanish text display. MP3 ID3 Tag Display via USB (title/artist/album). am/FM tuner with 18FM/6am presets. JVC rm-rk52 optional remote control sold separately. JVC music play app available. Music sync effect. Authorized internet Dealer. 1-Year Manufacturer's
- Playback and audio features: MP3/WMA/WAV/FLAC playback via USB. Pandora/Spotify/iHeartRadio control via Bluetooth for Android devices. 13-Band Graphic equalizer (10 Preset x 1 User). 3. 5mm Front Audio auxiliary input. Front USB Input. 1 set of 2. 5V preamp outputs (rear/subwoofer selectable). Bluetooth features: built-in Bluetooth technology for hands-free talking and audio streaming
- Bluetooth version 3. 0+Edr Certified. Bluetooth profiles supported: . HFP: hands free profile allows a hands-free car kit to connect to a compatible mobile phone. Hsp: headset Profile enables a Bluetooth headset to connect to a compatible mobile phone. Pbap: phone book Access profile allows the car stereo to display the name of the incoming caller, as well as access the Contact list of the mobile phone directly from the car stereo
- A2DP: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile allows high quality audio to be streamed from an audio device to the car stereo. AVRCP: Audio/Video Remote Control Profile supports basic remote control functions (play, pause, etc) via Bluetooth. Works with most Bluetooth-enabled cell phones. Includes an external wired microphone for clear, convenient, distortion-free talking. Maximum communication rage: 32. 8 feet (approx., line of sight)
The unique and exceptional features make it a great entertainment source for your car. You can also change color according to the music’s beat, and there are 35,000 colors to choose from!
The Sony stereo makes it easier for you to control the head unit and have access to music storage on any device using the song Pal Application.
Why is it better?
- Easy wireless control
- Detachable faceplate
- An excellently built unit with a well-known brand
- A warehouse for all audio options
- Sony MEX-XB100BT 160 Watt RMS Hi-Power Car Stereo Receiver with Bluetooth and Digital Amp
- SiriusXM SXV300v1 Connect Vehicle Tuner Kit for Satellite Radio
So we have come to the end of the list of best single din head units, and we have handpicked the best for you. Music always has a favorite among people and turns anything boring into something fun. With the mentioned head units, you will be able to do more than just listen to music.
We hope you get your hands on the best single din for your car and also don’t forget to mention which one turned out to be the best for you from the list above and your experience with it so far.
Frequently Asked Question
Which is the best single din head unit?
Ans: the Pioneer DEH-150MP is our number one recommendation
How is the sound quality through Bluetooth?
Ans: the sound quality is not-notch, depending on your Bluetooth connectivity strength.
Can the LCD be seen from all angles?
Ans: Absolutely! The LCD can be seen from all angles so that you will not face any difficulty. It is dimmable for nighttime as well.
Are the head unit with less cost better?
Ans: Yes! Though some of the single din head units are cheap, they don’t compromise with the features; they are excellent.
If you found this article useful, let us know in the comments below, and make sure to check out our review of the best 8 inch car subwoofers.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.