Stereo and Speaker is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission from Amazon at no added cost to you.
Driving is more fun with music. In the age of the digital head unit, getting a music system for your car is easy! Car stereo is the mainstream of entertainment of the entire vehicle. It determines the quality of sound the speaker will create and devices it can connect to.
Even beginners can install and operate head units. There are a lot of things to look at to get your perfect double din head unit.
This article will save your time, and we have scanned the best double din head unit for you! Just go through some of the best products and see which one you liked the most.
We tried our best to keep as few products as possible so that you can quickly see the reviews of the few mentioned and buy them right away!
Before that, you must be wondering why a double din would be better.
- It can handle a cd DVD drive.
- Superior interface and more functions
- Fancy perks like trackers and GPS locators
- More buttons
Things to consider while buying the best double din head unit.
“Two are better than one,” as rightly quoted; you must know what you are purchasing for yourself. Using the double din head unit, you can enjoy the latest trends in technology and audio improvements. And also, the double din head unit is way better than the single. Therefore you need to be knowledgeable of these few things beforehand. Let’s quickly look at it:
Before you purchase, make sure it supports all the playback formats. There are different types of formats into which audio files get encoded. The kind of format decides the quality of the audio file. You need to make sure that your car stereo accommodates all the different types of audio sources, like:
- SD card,
Physical dimensions and controls
The double din has a simplistic and straightforward look. Still, they have a lot of unique features and much more capability.
These days there has been an emergence of head units that double as detachable Android tablets. These can be used inside the car to make driving a seamless experience, but they can also be used outside like a regular smart tablet.
Be sure to check the controls before getting one for yourself.
App and smartphone integration
It’s already so clear how important a smartphone and apps are! Even for simple groceries, we have apps, so why not here?
Every buyer tends to reach out for products that can be integrated with their smartphones and can function hand in hand. Therefore it is essential to check if this feature is provided or not.
This will ease driving and allow you to easily manage your smartphone via the head unit for a seamless and safer driving experience.
Local Satellite and Radio
Not always music, but some like to listen to the radio while driving. Suppose you have to travel the whole day? It is necessary to stay updated with the current affairs going in and around. And radio comes into play. The radio will always help you stay updated with quick news bites.
They provide some useful functions like:
- The feature to play songs directly from your Spotify digital library so that you can enjoy the music that is inclined to your taste without having to get distracted from driving.
This is important. When you are on an unknown road, you need GPS navigation for the location of your destination. Stopping at each local store and asking for direction long gone. Keep a GPS navigation so that you will never get lost!
You don’t need to spend extra because with your smartphone integration trend catching on, you can use the GPS navigation on your car stereo via Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.
The most important and the most ignored. Keeping your budget in mind, know how much you are willing to spend and what you want. You should not go out of your account just because it sounds attractive.
Keeping this in mind, we want you to see the best for you in feature and your budget; that’s why we have collected this list of the best double din head unit.
Best Double DIN Head Units
NEX models are designed specifically to match our smartphone-driven lifestyle. You can use it smoothly and flawlessly.
Along with its large display, it has highly flexible controls. It has two ports to connect both your Android and IOS device, and you can use Android Auto or Apple car play anytime you desire.
You can play music from many sources like connecting your phone via Bluetooth or even play CDs using the DVD player to enjoy your music. DVD/CD receiver comes with an inbuilt 14W-RMS amp, which lets you not spend extra money on sound amplification.
Why is it better?
- Extra-large screen
- Detachable screen for an anti-theft reason
- Supports adaptation of backup camera
- Siri eyes free with compatible devices
- Bluetooth enabled hands-free calling.
- Did/CD receiver with Internal amp (14 watts RMS cea-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- Built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming; supports two phones at once
- Siri eyes free with compatible devices
- Built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control -optional adapter required for viewing video content
- Works with Sirius Sxv300 tuner—supports new tune mix, traffic And weather now, and sports flash Features
The sound quality is exceptional; when you lay your eyes on this head unit, you will see it beaming with features. The smartphone integration and internet radio control is something to look forward to.
You can further control the sound quality with the sound customization abilities. With the pairing of multiple phones through Bluetooth, you can use two phones simultaneously, and it will be easy to view both of them from the in-dash display.
The Maestro interface lets you easily install the unit even if you are a beginner. This head unit offers everything the iOS or Android device user ever wants to enjoy their commute.
Why is it better?
- Big screen for easy visibility
- packed with entertainment functions and with the option you need as well
- allows two-phone pairing
- The sound quality is remarkable
- JVC kw-v85bt in-dash receiver + phone holder
- Power output: peak: 50 watts x 4 channels | RMS: 22 watts x 4 channels
- 6. 8" Wide VGA display with CD text and MP3 ID3 tag
- Subwoofer level, phase, and low-pass Crossover controls
- High-resolution Audio playback
For anyone with a tight budget, this is the best pack. You will be able to enjoy class music and other features for an affordable price.
Using a wireless remote, you can control everything. The screen has graphically rich features and functions that are easy to operate.
- You can even play music from any source, including radio, SD, USB ports, smartphones, or DVD/CD players.
- Bluetooth Hands-Free Calling and Audio Streaming
- Plays DVD/CD/MP3/USB/SD and Smartphones
- Inputs: USB, SD, Aux, Rear Camera, Steering Wheel Control, USB Charging
- Outputs: Video, Front, Rear, and Sub Pre-Amp
- 80 Watts x 4 Max Power
- Bass/Treble/Balance/Fader Controls and Preset Built-in EQ
- Switchable US & Europe Tuner Frequencies
- Wireless Remote
Why is it better?
- Very affordable
- Built-in Bluetooth and navigation
- Wireless remote control
- You can fine-tune your music.
- High power output
- Bluetooth - Answer/Make Calls And Be Hands-Free With No Distractions. The External Included Microphone Picks Up Your Voice And The Speakers Let You Hear The Caller. You Can Also Play And Control Your Music And Apps Like Spotify/Pandora Wirelessly
- Media Playback - Watch Your Choice Of Videos Through The Dvd Player, Play Music Through Your Bluetooth Device, Pop In A Cd Or Use The Usb And Sd Ports For More Audio Alternatives. Tune Into The Am / Fm Radio Stations For Up To Date Music/News/Sports
- Auxiliary - Compatible With The Audio Output From Smartphones As Well As Mp3 Players
- Inputs - Usb Charging, Usb/Sd, Aux, Rearview Camera (Camera Sold Separately). The Steering Wheel Interface Allows You To Use The Existing Functions On Your Steering Wheel (Interface Module Sold Separately. We Recommend The Metra Aswc-1)
With the super-responsive touch screen, Sony XAV-AX100 is indeed unbeatable in quality. Keep your screen super screen so that you will always get to use the super-responsive touch screen.
This simple Sony XAV-AX100 comes with dedicated hardware functions, including the ergonomic volume knob and buttons that will allow you to skip and search for tracks you desire quickly.
The range of features is excellent; whether you want to send texts, navigate, play music, or anything, just do it hands-free without getting distracted from driving. Sony XAV-AX100 is the most valuable best double din head unit you can get for the price.
Why is it better?
- Highly responsive touch screen
- High-quality video output
- Most comfortable head unit to use
- Hands-free control over many functionalities
- You can fine-tune your iPhone- sourced music manually.
- Voice control with Apple Car Play and Android Auto
- Control and view everything with the 6.4" touch screen.Tuner features preset:FM18/AM12
- Get powerful sound with the 4 x 55 W Dynamic Reality Amp. Audio Level Adjustment: Yes (-8 dB to +18 dB)
- Create virtual speakers on your dashboard with the Dynamic Stage Organizer
- Ergonomic rotary dial for distraction-free operation
The digital assistant- ‘Siri Eyes’ will help you call or text anyone without touching your phone. And not only that, it will browse any of your media files while driving.
Pioneer AVH-1300NEX head unit can integrate smoothly with many connectivity and entertainment categories you always keep close to you. The highly customizable interface makes sure that you have safer, more straightforward, and fun ways to use your smartphone.
The bright clear, video and audio content will be provided to all, even to those in the backseat. The iDatalink Maestro will help you keep your car’s steering wheel audio controls and other factory stereo functions.
Why is it better?
- Siri eyes and hands-free features
- Smartphone compatibility (increased)
- The color options on display are
- Excellent playback for all sound sources
- The user interface is innovative.
- Double DIN 6.2" VGA touchscreen - Power Output: Peak: 50 watts x 4 channels - RMS: 22 watts x 4 channels
- Apple CarPlay & AppRadio Mode
- Spotify, Works with Pandora, SiriusXM-Ready
- Built-in Bluetooth
- DVD/CD receiver - MIXTRAX
From AM/FM to satellite and internet stations, you can enjoy all varieties of radio. Kenwood’s masterpiece features the most powerful and innovative smartphone integration.
For safe driving, you have control functions too. This best double din head unit enables the pair of up to 5 Bluetooth devices, and five passengers can pair their devices and choose their favorite song from wherever they are sitting.
This 6.95 inches touchscreen will update you with the information about your car and surrounding on the screen.
Why is it better?
- Built-in 13-band equalizer and amp for best quality tunes
- The sound output is impressive.
- It fits almost every car.
- Big screen with increased functionalities
- Wireless connectivity to up to five devices
- Dvd/CD receiver with AM/FM tuner | built-in internal amp (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels) | 6.95" Touchscreen with variable color button illumination | 6-step electronic angle adjustment for better off-axis viewing
- Built-in HD radio tuner | fits double-din dash openings | smartphone features: built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
- Built-in music control and rapid charging of select Android devices using the USB connection | Pandora, iHeartRadio, and Spotify control with iPhone and Android | built-in Bluetooth with aptx for crystal-clear hands-free calling and audio streaming; includes dual phone connection | Compatible with Kenwood remote app for smartphone control
- Audio/video features: plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices | 13-band equalizer with digital time alignment | Subwoofer level, phase, and low-pass crossover controls | loudness and bass boost controls
- Expandability: compatible with Sirius satellite radio tuner | inputs: rear USB input, rear A/V input, Front- and Rear-View camera inputs | outputs: rear video output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
The 7-inch captivating touch screen is really responsive, and it has a big home and Siri button just below the display.
The most recently used app will be displayed, which will make browsing files quicker and more comfortable. A responsive map will help feature the robust GPS antenna it has. The ILX-107 model of the Alpine head unit comes with iDatalink® Maestro® Module that stores those factory controls you think will be helpful.
- 50 Watts x 4
- 3 Pre-Outs (2V)
- Works with Apple CarPlay over Wireless
- 7” VGA display with capacitive touch screen
- Harmonious with iPhone (Alpine TuneIt App )
- iDatalink Maestro Module can keep factory controls
- Steering wheel (remote control ready)
- One camera (composite) input
Why is it better?
- The touchscreen is big and super responsive.
- Sensitive microphone for quick voice messages.
- Flexibility to add a backup camera later
- Compatible with TuneIt app for iPhone
- The steering wheel is remote control ready.
- Excellent user interface
- Works with Apple CarPlay over Wireless / 9-band parametric EQ / Does not have a CD player
- 7" VGA display with capacitive touch screen / 6-channel time correction set by Alpine TuneIt App
- Compatible with Alpine TuneIt App for iPhone / Steering wheel remote control ready
- Steering wheel remote control ready / 3 Pre-Outs (2V)
- Keep factory controls with iDatalink Maestro Module / 50 Watts x 4
So we have come to the end of the list, and we have handpicked the best for you. Music always has a favorite among people and turns anything boring into something fun, especially while driving with the mentioned double head units. You will be able to do more than just listen to music. You will be able to drive safely and have fun with a double din head unit. The big screen of these best double din head unit will act as a mini smart TV for your car.
Don’t forget to share which one was the best for you and your experience with the double head unit so far from the list above! And if you found this article helpful, make sure to check out the best 12-inch subwoofers.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.